If you own a Class 3*, road legal, scooter capable of 8mph you are legally obliged to register it with the DVLA for road tax, this is currently free, as your scooter will be classed in the Disabled Taxation Class, and you do not have to display a tax disc.
On delivery of any Class 3 Quingo scooter your engineer will help fill out all these forms, so you can rest assured you will be in full compliance with the law, and you will need to send them, with ID proof, to the DVLA. DVLA Swansea SA99 1BE
With completed registration you will be assigned a registration number though, like the tax, you are not required to display this on the vehicle at this time. *A Class 3 scooter is defined as:
- Having a weight between 113.5kg/250lbs and 150kg/330lbs
- Is a large scooter designed for outdoor use
- Is capable of more than 4mph
- Has an upper speed limit of 8mph
- Features a switch for the driver to limit the speed to 4mph. This must be engaged for the vehicle to be legally used on footpaths.
Of course if you have any questions our Customer Services are ready and willing to help on 01582 430900